Header Ads Widget

Responsive Advertisement

Get It Secures 40-1 Win in Stewards' Cup at Goodwood

 

Get It gets 40-1 win in Stewards' Cup at Goodwood

Get It delivered a surprising victory in the Stewards' Cup at Glorious Goodwood on Saturday, with the six-year-old gelding defying odds of 40-1. Ridden by Pat Cosgrave, Get It led from start to finish, having started from stall 28 right against the side rail.

Triumph for Trainer George Baker

Trainer George Baker expressed his joy at the victory, stating, "Being a Sussex man, I've been coming to this race since I was five, six, seven, and I watched it for many years before I became a racehorse trainer - so to go and win this race on my doorstep means a huge amount. It really does tick a massive box for me."

Impressive Performances

Apollo One, trained by Mick Appleby, put in a strong late charge to finish second for the second consecutive year. Appleby, who has had a memorable week at Goodwood with four winners, also saddled Billyjoh, who finished third.